You may know SharePoint as one of the many platforms Microsoft offers to enhance business productivity. But if you’re unsure of what the platform actually is and how SharePoint implementation can benefit your organization, you’re not alone. In this blog, we’re going to tell you everything you need to know about the system and how SharePoint integration can help your company.
Sharepoint Consulting: What You Should Know About the Platform
SharePoint is a cloud-based content collaboration and management platform. It’s designed to be highly customizable and enable your team to work remotely, work together, and work smarter. Essentially, SharePoint makes it possible for you to manage all of your corporate content, create websites and company intranets, automate tedious tasks, and build customized apps.
SharePoint has been integral to the success of businesses around the world. Its variety of features makes it easy for companies to work together on projects and establish standard business processes for information sharing, document publishing, and data recording. But what are all the features that SharePoint brings to the table?
SharePoint is similar to most other Microsoft platforms in that it offers many functionalities that enhance your operations. Because of its versatility, it’s used by a wide range of organizations; in fact, over 200 million users were relying on SharePoint by the end of 2020 according to Microsoft.
SharePoint’s flexibility is only possible thanks to the variety of features the platform offers. Some of these features include:
- External sharing: Files and content can be shared with people inside and outside of your company.
- SharePoint content management features: SharePoint provides libraries, lists, metadata, records management, and retention policies. All of these tools can be used to manage and organize content.
- Team sites: Team sites create a space for specific users to view and collaborate on content, data, and news.
- SharePoint social features: With the help of social sites, users have the ability to easily share and communicate with each other.
- Mobile apps: With SharePoint mobile apps, your employees can access intranets, team sites, and more from their mobile devices.
- SharePoint Permission Management: Users can choose who has access to what files stored in SharePoint.
- Search: Easily sort through mountains of information to find the people or documents you’re looking for.
Benefits of SharePoint
SharePoint’s features deliver a wide array of benefits, such as:
- Enhanced security: SharePoint comes with several built-in security features to prevent cyberattacks and data breaches.
- Improved collaboration: When integrated with Microsoft 365, SharePoint creates a virtual workspace that allows teams to meet and complete tasks with one another. The platform was designed from the ground up with collaboration in mind.
- Automation: If there are tedious or repetitive tasks in your workflow, like tracking statuses on documents, you can automate them in SharePoint.
- A streamlined user experience: When new products are introduced to an office, there’s usually a bit of a learning curve that comes with it. Fortunately, SharePoint offers a consistent and streamlined user experience that makes it easy to pick up.
SharePoint Development Services
SharePoint’s features are made to work with any business. However, if you need something not included in the base package, you can customize SharePoint to fit your needs. For example, the platform allows developers to build and incorporate application-to-application integrations. The user interface can even be changed to include logos and match the colors of your business.
SharePoint consulting on development is where Americom can help. Our SharePoint consultants are highly trained and experienced with helping businesses in the St. Louis area get the most out of their SharePoint solution. We can configure your platform to include the most advanced features and help you find the right ones for your needs. With a customized SharePoint platform, you can revolutionize your businesses and make completing day-to-day tasks easier.
Enhance Your Business With Americom
Americom Imaging Systems is the leading managed print and IT service provider in St. Louis. We work with clients in a variety of industries to overcome their print and IT challenges. If you need help with your SharePoint platform, we can provide the SharePoint consulting services you need.
Contact us today to learn more.